Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty School?

I'm contemplating something big for me. Beauty School!

It makes sense right? For someone so obsessed with hair and make-up. I always have been. Even as I was being fired from my previous day job...all I could think of was "I wish I could teach my boss how to put her make-up on right - it looks terrible."

I think that means I am meant to be in the beauty industry. I'm more interested in make-up and skin care than I am in hairstyling BUT it is a smarter move to learn how to do hair as well. So, I'm thinking about starting the Cosmetology program at Marinello Beauty School. As soon as I get back home from Santa Cruz, I am going to schedule an appointment to check it out and to get a free haircut from one of the students. Haha! That should be fun. My hair looks like crap right now, anything would be an improvement.

If I do end up going, this blog will get a lot more interesting. I've been neglecting it lately because of all the crap that's been going on in my life. Some of the crap is good though, so it ain't no thang.

I'll try to write another REAL beauty blog post sometime soon.
Hey, I'd be happy to hear your opinions about this bold new decision I have yet to make :-)

4 comments:

  1. I say go for your passion. If you like what you do working is not really working at all. I think you'll be smashingly good at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Char, but don't go to Marinello's, I've heard horror stories! Go to Paul Mitchell, its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go somewhere close...I don't think there's a Paul Mitchell close to Riverside :-(
    (I don't drive!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there is one in Temecula...but that's 3 buses! And 2 hours each way! Argg!!!

    ReplyDelete