Monday, June 24, 2013

Mascara Gripes!

I'm sure this has happened to every beauty/makeup enthusiast...

That dreaded moment when you purchase one of your favorite products and they have gone and changed the dang formulation!!!

WHY?!?!? Why do they do this?!

My beef is with Estee Lauder and their once amazing Lash Primer Plus.

I was first introduced to this product when it came in a gift with purchase as a mini size. I removed the wand from the tube, examined the wand closely and saw some whitish, pinkish goo at the end. I thought, "Hmm, weird and also very interesting." It's a primer, so I applied it to my bare lashes, let it dry (for a few seconds), then applied any old random mascara I had laying around at the time. And it was...GENIUS!!! My lashes were darker, fuller, thicker and LONGER than if I had skipped the primer step. It was wonderful.

It took me a long time to get around to purchasing it (maybe almost a decade, hahah!), but as soon as I removed the wand from the tube, I noticed that it looked different. Not as much pinkish, whitish goo was on the tip. And as I applied it, I couldn't see the primer building up on my lashes the way I remember it did before (the visible build-up is what gave me that result, trust me).

I am supremely disappointed.

Not too long ago, I purchased a product from Two Faced Cosmetics called, "Better Than False Lashes". The first 2 times I tried it, I liked it...but for some reason, it's not giving me the same result that I had in the beginning (I'm not doing anything different). That "system" worked on the same premises of the lash primer, "fibers" build on itself and create the illusion of longer lashes. The Too Faced product does NOT add volume though, just length. The original Estee Lauder primer did everything you could ever want it to do.

I think I might keep the primer for a bit, and try it with the new Estee Lauder double sided mascara I just ordered. I believe it's called, "Two Toned Sumptuous Mascara". It has a regular sized wand on one end that is a deep black colored mascara, and a tiny wand on the other end (made especially for bottom lashes) with a navy blue colored mascara. I like that idea, but I doubt it would be enough to really make my lashes pop!

I'm desperate these days to find a relatively simple mascara routine to make it look like I actually have eyelashes. Since I've been pregnant, it seems as though they have disappeared completely! It's strange!

Coming up in my next blog:
New Favorites - Summer 2013

1 comment:

  1. Since having my 2nd babe, I've been loosing hair like crazy. I hadn't thought about how it's affected my lashes! Oh, the great Mascara Dilemma!

    ReplyDelete