Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My new favorites! (Feat. Double Duties!)

I've recently discovered some great beauty products. I'm always on the hunt for a miracle. Maybe one day I'll have to invent what I think should exist.

Some of my new favs are great low maintenance *double duty beauty!

1. * Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover
I just absolutely love this cleanser. It's creamy and foamy and it takes off everything! I hate having to remove my makeup AND still have to wash my face. This takes care of both things in one step. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin types though. I'm writing from an oily skin perspective, and it doesn't dry me out, it actually balances me. Most cleansers that are just meant for your skin - don't do the trick (for eye makeup or foundation). This one is brilliant.

2. * University Medical AcneFree Oil-Free 3-in-1 Night Repair Leave-on Foam
I was using this brand's acne system before I tried ProActiv, and it was pretty good. I also used their night-time treatment, which was a retinol cream. Retinol (Vitamin A) is great. It treats acne AND wrinkles. Not to say I have wrinkles - but I don't want them either! This foam has salicylic acid & retinol. And it also has hyaluronic acid - basically a super moisturizer. So this is really more like a 4-in-1. It treats acne in two ways (retinol and salicylic acid), and treats wrinkles in two ways (retinol and hyaluronic acid).

3. * L'Occitane Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil with Almond Oil
I still haven't found a shower gel/oil that truly acts as a cleanser and body lotion. My dream is to wash in the shower and come out with super smooth skin, as if you used body lotion. But this one comes close! I have INCREDIBLY dry body skin and it usually cracks if I get out of the shower and don't use body lotion. That didn't happen with this one. You should still use a good body lotion, but your skin will be super soft! Bonus: It smells heavenly!

4. Make Up Forever Professional HD Microfinish Powder
This stuff is almost like a miracle. Remember, I have oily skin. That gets really shiny. If this is also your problem, this might be a life changer for you. I saw some crazy reviews on Sephora about how this is bad and turns your skin white (it IS a white powder), but if that's happening...you're using too much! You want to barely touch your powder brush to the product, tap off excess and use a tiny bit at a time.
This goes well over liquid, cream or (mineral) powder foundation. When I use this, my face doesn't get blindingly shiny and greasy - even HOURS after I apply it! Even after sweating!

5. Too Faced In Your Dreams Makeup Collection
Ok. This is my favorite because my mom got it for me for Christmas and I LOVE IT! The eyeshadow is beautiful. It's definitely my new favorite thing. At least for a couple more weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment