Thursday, April 21, 2011

Introducing: Rava Beauty

I know my next post was supposed to be my current beauty wish list, but that can wait.

I've decided to start my own beauty business. For now, it's just make up artistry because that is mobile. People can come to my humble abode, or I can travel to where they are. It's also easier to start up...
Eventually I want to incorporate skin care into the mix. I am an esthetician after all. I just need a space to use for facials, waxing, body treatments, etc. - because I think it's a bit unprofessional to have someone spread eagled in my apartment for their awesome brazilian bikini wax...although I'm sure my good friends wouldn't mind it one bit.

So, here are my pages on the web:

Official: www.ravabeauty.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ravabeauty
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Rava-Beauty/118535728225418
(when I get 25 "likes" it will eventually be facebook.com/ravabeauty)

I am finding it a bit difficult to find models who are willing to let me put make up on them and take their picture for my portfolio. I don't know why this has been difficult. I guess I have to turn to craigslist for strangers. I don't understand why my friends don't want to do it! But whatever, I'm done complaining.

I'm excited. A little scared, but excited nonetheless. Since I'm unemployed, it will be tricky to get the few things I need to start things up. But I'll find a way. I always do somehow.

Peace, love and lip gloss!
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment