Sunday, May 2, 2010

10 Must Have Beauty Products

1. Mascara

Unless you are pale blond, black mascara works best. It's a quick, LM beautifier.

2. Eyelash Curler

Yes these are necessary! They really do make a difference. They make your lashes look longer. You don't need expensive ones either. As long as you know how to use one, a cheap one will do.

3. Lip Balm or Lip Gloss

My favorite is Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.

4. Sun Protection from your Moisturizer, or Foundation!

I don't use a moisturizer with sunscreen. Because they tend to be too heavy on my skin. But I use a mineral foundation with an SPF 15 in it. Don't get skin cancer and wrinkles!

5. Deep Conditioner

Like a hair mask. Or you can use a super triple oil formula. Jojoba oil, Olive oil and Coconut oil. Leave it on for a few hours and shampoo it out.

6. Wide Tooth Comb

Don't brush your hair when it's wet! Just don't.

7. A double duty flat iron (straightens & curls!)

8. Coconut Oil

I use this everywhere. When I'm treating my face with harsh, drying benzoyl peroxide (because of my awful acne), I use it on my face. I use it on my body, hair and anywhere else I can think of!

9. Exfoliator

I won't buy them in the tubes anymore. Baking soda mixed with water is the best. Try it!

10. Face Mask!

And if all else fails, just buy a paper bag, cut some holes in it, put it over your head and call it a day. HAHAHHA! Just kidding.

A natural one for dry skin is greek yogurt with a little brewer's yeast mixed in. For oily skin, sulfur masks work wonders. My fav is DDF Sulfur Mask. University Medical makes another good one too (AcneFree).

In the next blog...
The Bare Minimum Make-up Bag!

2 comments:

  1. I like the brown paper bag. Hehe. I actually love these a lot. I have a book that help give great beauty tips. I don't really like all the ones in the book, but most are good. I love how simple your tips are though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Simplicity is best, right? That's what I always say anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete